Thursday, June 21, 2012

Terrain and Objectives for Dystopian Wars

As far as I've read Dystopian Wars doesn't use terrain objectives to measure who won a given scenario. Instead players fulfill Field Orders by capturing and destroying enemy units. Each unit is worth X number of points and thus the player with the highest total of enemy destroyed units wins the game.

Boring. And actually a little too Warhammer-ish for me.

Being old school, I prefer terrain objectives. Something more tangible and immersive for my feeble mind to wrap around. Since the scale of the game is around 1/1200, 2-3mm scenery should do the trick. Rummaging about the lead mountain, I found I had a stash of these from Irregular Miniatures www.irregularminiatures.co.uk:


Once properly painted and flocked, these should do the trick and at the very least bring some visual pop for land battles. After all, why fight over an island in the middle of nowhere if there's nothing worthwhile on it?

Thoughts? Comments? Rude remarks?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah hopefully the Hurricane Season campaign book really spices things up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and fuck you. Forgot the rude remark

    ReplyDelete